Lab Sessions are two hour sessions, led by an experienced trainer, developer, or workshop leader. In each Lab you'll have the opportunity to do a deep-dive into a single topic. Labs last two hours with a 15 minute refreshment break in the middle of the session.
We recommend bringing your own laptop to this session for note-taking purposes, and/or to login to your personal Google Analytics platform to follow along.
Web analytics has become an essential skill for every digital marketer. In the web experience industry, there is no shortage of data you can collect to monitor and improve the performance of your website. In addition to finding and reporting on these insights, it's also essential to understand how to interpret data and create a strategy that will allow you to manage your content and your digital presence intelligently.
Whether you are new to web analytics, new to web management, or just need to brush up on your analytics skillset, you'll leave this course feeling grounded in the basics of web analytics and ready to implement a strategy that works for you and your organization.
In this workshop, we'll cover the following areas:
- Overview of web analytics: what you need to know about them, why you should be using them, and how they can help you improve your web experience and achieve digital marketing goals.
- Setting up Google Analytics
- Identifying business goals and mapping out a plan
- Finding the right metrics for the right goals
- Measuring and adapting your strategy
- Overview of what was learned