You want as many visitors able to view and navigate your website as possible. Accessibility is the process of ensuring that happens. Screen readers, people with disabilities that make it difficult to read or navigate a website using traditional means, have a right to access your website content.
There are standards in place such as WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 that outline the things you need to do to make your website accessible. Most issues are broken down into Site-level issues and Page-level issues.
Some of these include:
- Offering text alternatives (ALT text) on images, videos, and other visual elements
- Use of Headings to skip through content
- Accessible data tables
- Proper page titles
- Descriptive linking
- Media players and Forms also need to be accessible
To support accessibility Ingeniux provides both an in-CMS checker and integrates with Site Improve.
- In-CMS Accessibility Checker: With Ingeniux CMS you can engage our services team to get the AChecker Accessibility Checker. It will validate content using Section 508 or WCAG 2.0.
- Site Improve: Ingeniux provides integration with the Site Improve web governance suite.
Learn more about web governance in our Guide to Web Governance.
Subscribe to the Ingeniux blog for the latest in web experience management.